- DataDigest: Where renters can actually afford to buy May 31, 2023There are only four housing markets in the U.S. in which the median renter in that market could afford half or more of the homes, according to an analysis by First American.
- Mortgage apps decline as rates hit the highest level in six months May 31, 2023Higher mortgage rates caused by the debt ceiling drama and resilient inflation reduced demand for home loans last week.
- Leaders struck a debt ceiling deal. What it means for mortgages May 30, 2023The debt ceiling deal represents momentary relief for the mortgage market, as it reduces the chances of a federal government default.
- FHFA House Price Index hits an all-time high May 30, 2023On Tuesday the FHFA House Price Index hit an all-time high. Total active listings are still near all-time lows and demand has stabilized.
- FHFA issues RFI on multifamily property tenant protections May 30, 2023The request comes after learning "lessons" from COVID-19, rising rents and a shortage of affordable housing, the FHFA says.
- UBS to close business in U.S. mortgage trading unit May 30, 2023Swiss bank UBS Group AG plans to wind down a business in its US mortgage unit that focuses on "to-be-announced" (TBA) trading.
- House bill would incentivize home selling in effort to boost supply May 30, 2023The More Homes on the Market Act would amend the tax code to incentivize home selling, increasing the supply of homes on the market.
- AI will be a supercharger for loan officers: Blend CEO May 30, 2023AI will play an instrumental role in helping loan officers to be more efficient, according to Blend co-founder and CEO Nima Ghamsari.
- Home prices accelerated in March even as mortgage rates climbed May 30, 2023Home prices rose month-over-month for the second straight month in March, and Miami, Tampa and Charlotte led the way.
- Housing Market Tracker: Mortgage rates over 7% May 28, 2023Debt ceiling drama pushed bond yields up last week, taking mortgage rates to a new 2023 high in the middle of the spring selling season.